Sunday, December 13, 2015

Decision to Change

Everyone has that final breaking point when it comes to the decision to change.  This happened to me the other day. See, a few months ago I joined Beachbody because my health was getting out of control. The doctor told me to lose weight or I was going to eventually have a heart attack. I am only thirty years old! It really hit home as my grandfather died of a massive heart attack in his 50's. I did great with the 21 Day Fix. Lost some weight and felt great. Then, I lost motivation again. Work was chaotic, kids needed to go to tutoring, therapy sessions, soccer practice. Every reason to not eat right and work out came across my mind and I stopped. Fast forward to today. My beautiful daughter A is 9 years old today. Her birthday wish was that mommy would be able to play and not feel bad. Tears are falling as I type this. I feel horrible that I can't really go and play with my girls. Several factors add into why it is hard for me. I am obese, Fibromyalgia, surgery is needed on my ankle, and basically I get winded very easily. Once again, the doctors words come into my head. The more active I am, the better the Fibromyalgia flares can be. This does not mean they will go away but they can be less severe. The pain every day seems unbearable, yet I must forge through. The decision to get healthy has to come from something that motivates you. My children, fiancé, family, and my doctor all have an impact on why I should get healthy. Only I can make that decision though. Today, December 13th, 2015 will be the first day that I will commit to getting healthy. I am worth the fight. I am going to venture into the realm of using the crock pot to cook healthy meals for my family. Frankly, I am always busy. Most people these days are busy. Every week I will post some new recipes that are 21 Day Fix approved and can be made in the crock pot. Join me and make a commitment to bettering youself.

No comments:

Post a Comment